Thinking, feeling, seeing, knowing fingers
W. G. Sutherland, Osteopath
Osteopathy is a holistic manual treatment approach, in which your whole body is examined and treated in its complexity. Osteopathy can be used on many different health conditions and is a great complement to the classical conventional medicine.
Osteopathic treatments can be suitable for any age group from newborns, children, adolescents to adults. To offer you an unique, holistic treatment, I have specialised extensively in the following topics:
- Osteopathy for Women’s Health and around pregnancy - More about Osteopathy for women
- Osteopathy for Children - More about Osteopathy for Children
- Osteopathy and chronic pain
- Osteopathy and stress related deseases (like Tinnitus, teeth grinding, temporomandibular joint disorders TMJ, irritable bowel syndrome, autoimmune deseases or others…)
- Osteopathy and Trauma Therapy, psychological or psychosomatic conditions
I am looking forward to meeting you and support you in person!
Learn more about Osteopathy - a documentary by ARTE
Osteopathy always puts your holistic health first, and focuses not only on singular symptoms.
This approach is called salutogenesis (latin: salus “health or wellbeing” und genesis “development”).
For our first appointment I reserve around 60-90 mins for you, in order to understand your current conditions and its possible causes on a holistic point of view. Not only are your current physical conditions important for me, but also your living conditions, nutrition habits, sport, hobbies, your past and future goals.
I mainly use gentle, pleasant and relaxing treatment techniques, joint mobilisation, myofascial release and balancing integration, so that your body system can incorporate the treatment benefits successfully. Together we can assess the following systems in osteopathy and find healthy solutions for you:
1. Biomechanical System or Structural Osteopathy
For your posture, muscles and joints, for example your jaw, spine, pelvis, feet and others
2. Metabolic System or Visceral Osteopathy
For your inner organs (latin: viszera “inner organs”), ligaments and fascia (connecting tissue), and for your metabolism and hormones
3. Neurological System oder Craniosacral Osteopathy
For your nervous system (latin: cranium “skull”, sacrum “sacral bone”), for your energy balance and your life force
4. Circulatory-Respiratory System
For your cardio-vascular-system and your immune system
5. Biopsychosocial System
For a healthy balance of work, movement, training, nutrition and restoration. Together we can analyse your current life and find the ideal balance that is suitable and healthy for you for the long term.